2019 is here and it’s time to change things up! After six years of writing this blog, I’m ready to step outside the fox and try something new.
Thanks to the Toastmasters Pathways program, I am expanding my horizons as it relates to my communication and blogging skills. To finish up Level 4 on the Effective Coaching path, I need to complete one (1) elective project from a list which included activities such as: Create a Podcast, Managing a Difficult Audience and Public Relations Strategies.
For many reasons, I chose the “Write a Compelling Blog” project and am ready to take Strong Words and Simple Truths to the next level.
My new challenge and project objective is to write 8 blogs in a one-month period.
Twice a week I will share my thoughts, ideas and insights on life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
I plan to use the alphabet as my guide and will run through the 26 letters in 8 weeks ( 3 letters per article with a big bang of V-W-X-Y-Z for the part 8 series finale).
Here we go with Part 1 of my Compelling Blog!
Starting with A, B and C.
A- Action, take it.
B- Bold, be it.
C- Creativity, nurture it.
Here are some tips on how to get started on your WHAT.
- “Just Do It’ is easier said then done! Getting going is often the hardest part of taking action. I recommend starting with small, incremental steps.
- To boldly go where no one has gone before is great if you are aboard the USS Enterprise but a bit more daunting for us mere earthlings. A fun way to start being bold is by standing up straight and keeping your shoulders back. Amy Cuddy’s Power Pose really works to improve your confidence!
- Young children seem to have an endless supply of creativity. I encourage you to tap into this amazing energy and remember what you loved doing when you were 5 years old.
The Why is very personal and will vary from person to person.
Knowing your WHY can help you with your HOW. For me, I’m:
- I’m taking Action because I have a new goal I want to achieve this month.
- I’m being Bold because it feels good and helps me be more confident.
- Being Creative opens up my mind to new ideas and ways of doing things.
My parting question to you is- WHAT do you want to do this month and WHY?
How important is it to your health and wellbeing?
Hopefully these thoughts on Bold, Creative Actions will provide some wind to your back and help you achieve what you desire.