Ernie the Hedgehog came to our family in 2016 while we were visiting Estes Park, CO. He’s a 2 and a half-inch bundle of joy and mischievous antics. He is a great photography model and always brings a smile to the waitresses at the restaurants we frequent.
Ernie is the internationally renowned Facebook Group leader of Ernie’s Hedge Fun and has been spreading happiness and cheer since starting the Ernie’s Fake News group in early 2017. This was back when you could still joke about the election, the craziness of politicians, and the new media. We had a laugh poking fun at the insanity of the process. Ernie specializes in satire and slapstick humor though they are out of favor on most social media platforms now.
For hundreds of people around the world, Ernie’s page is a stress-relieving sanctuary where all are encouraged to think like a 2 and a half year old, apolitical hedgehog who loves cookies and playing jokes on his parents. He is also an enterprising entrepreneur who starts a new job 2-3 times a day. While his fear of water is subsiding, we are always sharing zany photos of his new hydrophobia therapists who are rarely human.
Below are the top 12 Posts from Chief Content Creator, Steve Smull in February 2023.
1. Ernie’s Back End IT Integration Service.
“When we’re done, you’ll have no idea what connects to what & you’ll need a fire extinguisher.”
2. Nobody told Ernie trains are supposed to stay on tracks before they gave him the keys.
3. Ernie thought those were Girl Scout Thin Mints so he ate them all and now he is flying around the desert sky with the roadrunners.
4. Honest Ernie’s Used Car Lot. Reasonable prices! This one includes a FREE TREE
6. Of course we drove straight into the mud like we learned how to do at Ernie’s Driving School For Dogs.
7. Ernie managed to get oil on the ceiling riding this thing around the house. There’s oil everywhere. Ernie looks like one of the ducks that get pulled out of the oil spills in the ocean.
8. Ernie bought a long horse named Stretch Limo.
9. Ernie has hydrophobia, so he rides his inflatable unicorn in the sand.
10. Ernie’s Windowless Grand Canyon Tours.
If you look closely, you can see Ernie waving, he’s looking out from the under the steering wheel.
11. Ernie has standards. They’re low but they’re standards.
12. Hop in and put your seatbelt on, no time to explain.